Dear Members and Friends,
We’re excited about UNA this year with all the activities that have been happening around UN75. And we would like to take this opportunity and share with you some updates from Pasadena Chapter’s Annual Meeting last night. Guests and chapter members had attended.
Paige LaCombe, our advocacy chair presented 2019 highlights from our Chapter to our guests. Under Daria Makuch’s leadership, our 2019 was filled with prosperity and joy. We also had a successful turnout from the members within our community.
The result of our election is as follow:
Judith Harris, President
Jon Hainer, Treasurer
Michelle Kuei, Secretary
We’ve also shared our excitement to celebrate UN75 this year.
We would like to invite everyone to join and celebrate this milestone at the UN and UNA.
Here are a list of events we have planned for this year. You may want to pay close attention and keep an eye out for our announcements through emails and social media.
International Women’s Day
UN75 Global Consultation
Human Rights Day
Mini Coffee Talks
It is our goal this year to include everyone, members and non-members, to come out and be part of Pasadena Chapter. We APPRECIATE you and we want to hear from you. We encourage you to attend our events throughout the year. We are planning to invite you to Join the Conversation this year, more details to come.
UNA-USA Pasadena Chapter and Day One present: “Pasadena Human Rights Day” Come together as one, united, community to learn, engage and take action to lift up the Declaration of Human Rights and what we stand for as a humanity. Tuesday, December 10, 2019 From 5:00 – 7:00 PM Day One
Celebrate UN Day with US! 626 Golden Streets is the Place To Be!
Join Us September 21st for this Mixer for Adopt-A-Future! Get Involved!!
Join Us for This Coffee Talk! Free Coffee, Tea, Juice, Water and Ukranian Refreshments!
Join Us for a Coffee Talk...
Or Model UN...
Half a Million Americans have participated in Model UN.
MUN has seen rapid growth over the past several decades and several of today’s leaders in law, government, business, and the arts participated in MUN – from U.S. Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer, to Chelsea Clinton, to actor Samuel L. Jackson.
The Pasadena Chapter offers in‐class training for high school classes. This equips participants with an understanding of UN processes and grounding in simulations so they are ready for full engagement in a fantastic conference.
Meet Our Executive Board
Meet Our Board of Directors
Volunteer Positions Available!
- Assist setting up and taking down on the day of an event.
- If desired assist in setting up the event prior to day of with board members or event chair.
- Engage with participants at the event, if training is needed it will be provided. Example, if we make origami at an event, a board member will teach you how to make the origami and then you can help others make the origami.
- Share flyers of our event and let friends know about the activities we put on.
- Attend events and photograph the program, the attendees, and the activities.
- Free to use artistic creativity.
- Make sure all photos are sent to the executive board or president within two weeks of the event.